Ingredients( 4 servings )
- Cod, 180 g (approx. 2 pieces)
- Eggs, 3
- Medium-sized potatoes, 1+1/2
- Onion, 1/4
- Spinach, 2-4 stems (approx. 30g)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Boil the spinach, briefly squeeze, and cut into 3cm pieces.
Season the cod with salt and pepper and cut into bite-sized pieces. Stir-fry the cod in a frying pan with a little olive oil. Once heated, take the cod out from the pan to remove the skin and bones.
Add one tablespoon of olive oil to the frying pan, dice the onion (1cm³) and cook it on low heat until translucent.
Cut the potato into small cubes and stir them gently in the pan of (3) above. Season with salt and pepper, put on the lid and cook for approx. 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Crack the three eggs in a bowl and whisk lightly. Once the potato (4) is cooked, add it to the egg bowl (5), mix gently. If you are using raw cod, season the egg with salt and pepper.
Return (5) in the pan. Place the cod (2) on the mixture, put the lid on and cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
Once one side is heated, transfer it, cooked side down, onto a plate. Turn the plate over and return it to the frying pan to cook for a further 5 minutes.
Once both sides are slightly browned,
the dish is complete. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with wiener sausages or some ketchup for extra flavor.
- The Spanish province of Las Palmas overlooks the resource-rich seas off western Africa, which have a long history as fishing grounds. Maruha Nichiro established its first representative office here in 1973, known at the time as Taiyo España. The environment has changed over the decades, and the forms taken by Maruha Nichiro’s business have too. Currently, the office procures octopus, squid, and other seafood from western Africa and the Middle East.
Check out our simple and delicious recipe for Kosraean Soup from the Federated States of Micronesia.